Sunday, September 12, 2010

Week 3 Slow and Steady

We stepped it up a small notch this week by throwing one small IEW writing assignment into the mix. I didn't put a whole lot of thought into the source text selections. I find that if I try to think about it for too long it doesn't get done.  I just grabbed a random paragraph from one of the many Usborne books laying around. Quinn's paragraph was on sea snakes and Evelyn's was on seals. I did the outline with each of them separately. The only dress-up I required was a who/which clause. It went pretty well. Outline and rough draft on Wednesday, editing on Thursday and final draft on Friday.

We continued to work on our Native American dioramas. A few things are left to do for next week but they are very close to being finished.It has been a lot of fun and I look forward to posting a slideshow of the project once they are done!

Soccer started this week




No comments: