Saturday, November 21, 2009

Week 10

I finally felt better this week. I wish I could say that I had H1N1. It would be nice to check that off the list and be done with it. Unfortunately it was probably just another cold. However I am grateful for a good week. We took Tuesday completely off and went to Pizza Hut for lunch with our Book It tickets then we went to Coco Keys Waterpark with friends. It was great fun!

This week
Quinn:

Worked on factors and multiples in math...
Learned about and worked with Topographic Maps in Geography....

Started reading From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler

Went to Community Bible Study and completed his study of Genesis 19...


Memorized 1 Timothy 4:12 and 1 Peter 3:15...

Practiced his interpretive speech for the coming presentation night.

Practiced drawing circles and ellipses in art

Finished his painting in Drawing class
Launched his rocket in Rocketry Class
Quinn's Rocket
Quinn's Rocketry Class

Completed List 22 dictation. Practiced contractions....


One day of dictation

This week Evelyn:

Completed several lessons in her math book...

Completed all all 20 sentences of dictation from list 22...


Worked on her cursive handwriting:


Completed her CBS homework:

Wrote, addressed and mailed a letter to a friend...

Practiced drawing ellipses and circles and then drew pictures using those shapes in art:
Learned about musical instruments in Orchestra Class...

Painted in art class....

Watched her brother's rocket class launch their rockets:
TOGETHER we:

Started reading The Twenty One Balloons...

Read the Bible...

Read Usborne's Time Traveller...

Drew some pictures from How Great Thou Art...

Added the Feudal System page to our history notebooks...

Went to see My Fair Lady at the Amato Center...

Went to Coco Keys Waterpark...

Went to Pizza Hut with our Book It tickets...

Listened to Skip Count Kids...

Frustrations, Difficulties, Confessions this week:

***Our spelling list this week introduced contractions. This was harder for Evelyn to grasp than I had anticipated. By the end of the week however she was understanding it much better.

*** Quinn announced to me that he no longer knows how to add multiple diggits. I know that he just gets used to doing whatever he has been working on (in this case multiplication and division) and then he needs a little help to switch gears. Still it was very annoying and I wasn't as patient as I could have been. I assigned him three addition problems to do and he had a bit of a fit so I gave him an entire sheet instead. Of course after one problem he had "remembered" how to add but he still had to complete a whole sheet in addition to his regular math work in hopes that he will not raise a fuss over three measly math problems again in the future.

***My printer is out of ink and I am also out of card stock. This is making it harder to do History and science as they both require copying and printing stuff. I hope to rectify the situation this weekend.

***I spilled hot cocoa on my keyboard and had to switch to the kids' keyboard which is this rubbery thing that is very hard to type on. Hence it is taking FOREVER to type this out...

***We skipped our Mariposa class this week for no good reason other than I just didn't feel like going. :(

No comments: